Just Montessori does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its Web sites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
All personal information you do provide is protected under the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Just Montessori collects information from and about you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use the Services, register for an account, make a purchase, participate in promotional activities, sign up for our newsletters or email lists, register for a loyalty program, participate in a product review, survey, or other similar programs, or otherwise contact or communicate with us. The information we collect may include your name, billing and/or shipping address or zip/postal code, mobile or other phone number, email address, photographs, date of birth, and, when you use the App, we may utilize touch ID or other similar services, if enabled.
For example, you also may provide us with certain information in connection with specific transactions:
- Make a Purchase – If you make a purchase, we collect payment information to process the payment. Depending on the form of payment you choose this may include credit or debit card, PayPal, or Apple Pay applicable details.
- Device-Location Information – If you make a purchase, you are allowing us to collect your location information for shipping and billing purposes.
- Interactions through Social Media – You may also engage with our content on or through third party social networking sites, such as Facebook or Instagram. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include, but may not be limited to, name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data.
- Invite-a-Friend/Information about a Third Party – If you send someone else communication from the Site, such as an invitation to a friend, the information you provide about yourself and the third party ( e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication. Please ensure you only provide information about individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the communication.
Just Montessori uses per-session cookies. The per-session cookies do not collect personal information about you. Per-session cookies are used to store information within a session (or visit to our web site). These cookies are deposited on a user’s computer only while the user is visiting the site and are deleted when the user closes the session. Here is the list of information that we are collecting by using per-session cookies:
- The name of your Internet service provider, its IP address, and the name of your service provider’s server
- The length of each visit
- The number of requests per visit
- Your type of operating system (Windows, MacIntosh, Unix, etc.)
- Your browser type (Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- By keeping this data, Just Montessori website administrators can fine-tune the sites based on user-activity trends.
Just Montessori makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting its site(s).
The Just Montessori may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your order (including to process payment transactions, arrange for shipping, handle returns and refunds, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone).
- To enhance your online shopping experience, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Site or App.
- To contact you with information, newsletters, or promotional materials from Just Montessori or on behalf of our affiliates and partners.
- To provide you with personalized or customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or App, via email, through push notifications, on your shopping receipt, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services.
- To use your device location information to determine your physical proximity to our Stores when you use the App and elect to use such features. These features may be used to help you locate nearby Stores or to provide you with deals or coupons based on your device’s location.
- To use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for our analytical and demographic purposes.
- To review the usage and operations of our Services, develop new products or services, and to enhance or improve our content, products and services.
- To address problems with the Services, our business, our programs, or our products and services.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business.
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. All responsibility and liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files of this site are disclaimed.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.